The POWERWORx e3 System warranty is for the benefit of the original purchaser (consumer) only and will continue for the warranty period of ten (10) years as long as such original purchaser uses the e3 system purchased herein.
If within the ten (10) years of purchase an e3 is damaged by a power surge, or fails to work CPC will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace the unit.
This warranty does cover damage caused by a power surge. (A power surge is defined as an electrical transient or spike on the AC power lines, including those caused by indirect lightning.) Subject to the provisions below, this warranty also covers all defects in workmanship or materials.
This warranty is applicable only when the e3 system was active and fully functional immediately prior to the claim event and the e3 sustained surge damage as a result of the claim event or stopped functioning without any apparent reason.
The e3 must be installed by a licensed/insured electrician. The above remedy is the sole remedy under this warranty, whether based on contract, tort, including negligence or otherwise.
Claims must be made within ten (10) days of damage or loss.
The e3 must be registered by the original owner for the warranty to be exercised.
You must register the system by returning the fully completed bottom portion of this document within ten (10) days of installation. In the event of an operational failure of the e3, mail a written warranty claim request to CPC that includes the date of purchase and serial number of the system.
Claims must be made within ten (10) days of damage or loss. CPC will e-mail a claim number to you that must accompany the damaged e3 unit that is being returned for repair or replacement.
Send the damaged e3 system, freight prepaid, to CPC for testing and confirmation of damage.
Upon confirmation of surge damaged or a performance failure due to parts or workmanship, CPC will repair or replace the damaged or defective unit.
This warranty will not apply to any defects or damage to the e3 system due to:
(a) tampering, modification, or alteration of the e3 system, including breaking the warranty seal,
(b) use of the e3 system under less than normal conditions (conditions dissimilar to those on the design name plate of the system).
EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE, CPC GRANTS NO OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, REGARDING THE PRODUCTS, THEIR FITNESS FOR ANY PURPOSE, THEIR QUALITY, THEIR MERCHANTABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. CPC’S LIABILITY UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE POWERWORX E3 SYSTEM. IN NO EVENT SHALL CPC BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES
APPLIANCE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AND CONNECTED ELECTRONIC AND/OR ELECTRO-MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT POLICY UP TO $25,000.00 OF COVERAGE
Subject to the limitations set out herein, including the damage limits. Continental Power Corporation shall at its sole option either pay the present fair market value or pay the cost of the repair, up to the maximum amount set forth below, for any standard residential electronic and/or electro-mechanical equipment and appliance(s) (as outlined below), which has sustained damage from transient surges with the e3 is connected to the electrical system and is properly functioning/used for the purposes that it was intended. Damages from direct catastrophic lightening hits and surges or spikes originating from cable, phone or DSL lines are not covered under this policy.
The connected equipment policy applies to standard residential electronic and/or electro-mechanical equipment and appliances. Electronics installed into the appliances, by the manufacturer, during the original manufacturing process are covered by this policy. Any claim for damages under this repair or replacement policy shall be limited to Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500.00) per item up to but not exceeding Twenty-Five Thousand Dollars ($25,000.00) per occurrence.
Continental Power Corporation shall not and will not be liable for any incidental, consequential, or special damages or any economic loss.
The following policy terms apply:
- Standard residential electronic and/or electro-mechanical equipment and appliances shall be limited to: refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, freezers, furnaces, home computers, televisions, home entertainment systems, alarm systems, air conditioning equipment and well pumps (refer to Item #2 for details on well pumps).
- Well pumps will only be covered when transients go through electrical feed at the wellhead connection. Well pumps will notbe covered if transients are ground induced.
- Thermostats are not covered if mounted more that ten (10) feet from the appliance of the thermostat is not connected to the electrical system that is being protected by the e3 unit.
- A licensed and insured electrician must have properly installed the e3 unit according: to the e3 installation instructions and in compliance with all electrical and safety codes of the most current National Electrical Code ANS1/NFPA 70 and Underwriters Laboratories certification specifications.
- MEDICAL, LIFE SUPPORT, AND SECURITY EQUIPMENT IS EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED. DO NOT USE E3 SYSTEMS FOR SECURITY, MEDICAL OR LIFE SUPPORT EQUIPMENT OR OTHER HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES.
- Service charges, installation fees and diagnostic fees are not covered under this policy.
- A damage claim must be made within fifteen (15) days of the occurrence and the e3 unit must be returned to Continental Power Corporation for testing within thirty (30) days of the occurrence.
- The e3 unit must be deemed to have failed due to the surge based on Continental Power Corporation’s factory testing procedure.
- The claimant must complete an E3 INSURANCE CLAIM FORM describing the circumstance of the e3 failure.
- Where the damaged residential electrical equipment, as outlined above, is covered under a manufacturer’s warranty, any applicable extended warranties or insurance policies the e3 policy subrogates to all other warranties, insurance and any other coverages of the claimant.
- All returned products must have a return authorization number assigned by Continental Power Corporation
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724-858-6653 and request a Continental Power Corporation Claim Form and claim instructions. Please give your name, address and telephone number where you can be reached by a factory representative.
This is the sole policy provided by Continental Power Corporation. No other express or implied policy is provided. The giving of any advice or recommendations by Continental Power Corporation shall not constitute any liability. This policy is in lieu of any and all policies express, implied or statutory as of the merchantability, fitness for purpose sold, description, quality, productiveness or any other matter.
POLICY TERMS AND CONDITIONS EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2008 AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE